Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who:
· consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Assistant Director of Records at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
Responsible for building and maintaining all curriculum in the Ellucian Banner system. This is the primary function and will encompass 80% of the projected workload. · Provide leadership to the Records team in the absence of the Director. · Serve as an ex-officio member of the Curriculum Committee · Work with Academic Affairs on college catalog updates and program changes requiring TBR approval · Act as a functional expert with curriculum software product (Curriculog), to include updating forms, building new forms, training faculty, and Curriculog administrative duties · Provide Banner user training for faculty and staff, including new faculty training and refresher training · Assist Admissions with program building in Banner · Identify and solve student information system problems · Assist with TBR end-of-term processing · Assist with term scheduling · Analyze process, applications, and user requirements prior to implementation of new and upgraded Banner software · Assist with extracting data for internal and TBR reporting, as needed · Assist Director of Records with student, faculty, and staff issues related to Banner or other Records issues · Knowledge of Degree Works preferred · Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Two years full-time experience using Ellucian’s Banner system Bachelor’s Degree
Please respond to the following questions and add as an attachment to your application. Please identify document as Supplemental Questions.
1. Describe your experience using the Ellucian Banner system.
2. List the Banner forms with which you are most comfortable
3. Describe your experience with Degree Works, if applicable. Distinguish between experience as a functional user and experience as an administrator.
4. Describe your experience with Curriculog, if applicable. Distinguish between experience as a functional user and experience as an administrator.
5. Describe a scenario you have faced where you were not sure exactly how to apply FERPA. What was the scenario? How did you handle it? What resources did you consult to help you decide?
Closing Date: 4/29/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req792