||Assistant Director of Dual Enrollment Programs
||Admissions – 25510
||The Assistant Director for Dual Enrollment Programs provides vision, leadership, and direction on all aspect of the high school dual enrollment program both on and off-campus. This position works closely with counselors at partner high schools to build a dual enrollment program as well as a recruitment program to enroll students as full-time students at East Tennessee State university upon high school graduation. The Assistant Director builds relationships with high schools throughout East Tennessee to increase dual enrollment by assessing the needs of high schools and high school students, coordinating with academic programs to respond to those needs, implementing marketing strategies, providing support services prior to, during and after enrollment.
- The Assistant Director builds relationships with high schools assessing the needs of high school dual enrollment students and school districts
- The Assistant Director coordinates with academic departments and colleges to provide courses in response to student and school needs.
- The Assistant Director manages the growth, development, and promotion of the Dual Enrollment Program, including preparation of guidelines for, schools, students, and academic departments, making presentations at schools, initiating formal agreements with schools, recommending policy and procedural changes, coordinating with academic departments at the College, solving problems, and serving as an advisor and a resource for students, parents and counselors.
- The Assistant Director implements marketing and promotion strategies to ensure participation in the Dual Enrollment program and interest in full-time enrollment at East Tennessee State University.
- The Assistant Director provides admission, registration, and funding support services to all Dual Enrollment students.
- The Assistant Director oversees orientation, academic support, and student engagement during enrollment at the university.
- The Assistant Director ensures that the Dual Enrollment program is administered in accordance with guidelines established by the University, the TSAC Dual Enrollment Grant, creates a system to track and document that Dual Enrollment guidelines are being met, and is responsive to changing technologies and advances in delivery.
- The Assistant Director works with the Niswonger Foundation to recruit Dual Enrollment students and provide options for online education to students throughout Northeast TN.
- Availability for occasional overnight travel and evening and weekend work.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, particularly in working with high school counselors and administrators.
- Ability to work well with high school students and parents of high school students.
- A working knowledge of technology including Microsoft office, communication platforms for mobile devices.
- Ability to lead, and problem solve within the context of a college or university admissions office.
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and in a collaborative manner.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least three years of experience in a college/university or high school setting working with student populations.
- A proven track record for making data driven decisions to support achievement of enrollment goals is preferred.
- Experience with success efforts related to high school and college students.
- Experience utilizing innovative technology such as a Customer Relationship
- Management (CRM) solution is preferred.
To Apply Visit: https://jobs.etsu.edu/postings/14094