||Assistant Director of Admissions for Transfer Outreach and Recruitment
||Admissions – 25510
||The Office of Admissions is accepting applications for the Assistant Director of Admissions for Transfer Outreach and Recruitment. This position is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, and leadership of a comprehensive strategic plan for undergraduate transfer student recruitment and outreach. The Assistant Director of Admissions for Transfer Outreach and Recruitment :
- Utilizes a team approach to carry out responsibilities by actively collaborating and developing cooperative working relationships.
- Collaborates with Undergraduate Admissions office staff and other campus stakeholders involved in the recruitment, advisement, and enrollment of transfer students.
- Strengthens partnerships within and outside the university to serve transfer students and provide seamless assistance to students.
- Develops detailed data reports on transfer students recruitment and enrollment.
- Responsible for collaborating and developing relationships with key stakeholders at key community college and university throughout Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina to recruit and enroll transfer students.
- Coordinates with the transfer recruitment team that includes ETSU advisors at community colleges throughout the region and the Office of New Student & Family Programs in development and implementation of transfer recruitment strategies, student engagement, outreach, and a smooth transition to ETSU.
Position is contingent upon sufficient funding.
ETSU is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all of our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment and contribution to fostering and advancing equity, diversity and inclusion. East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of university policies, procedures, structure and services offered.
- Knowledge of university admission requirements.
- Knowledge of registration procedures and steps for enrollment .
- Knowledge of current career trends.
- Knowledge of course equivalencies and transfer issues.
- Knowledge of promotional materials for all academic and student services areas at ETSU.
- Knowledge of university catalog including degree requirements for all programs and majors.
- Knowledge of all university policies regarding admission, retention and graduation requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable Tennessee Code Annotated.
- Ability to communicate effectively to large groups or individuals.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to counsel students and parents regarding university related matters.
- Ability to work independently towards enrollment goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years’ experience working in a higher education institution is required.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to attend events during evenings and weekends and out of town.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A proven track record for making data driven decisions to support achievement of enrollment goals is preferred.
- Experience with success efforts related college students.
- Experience utilizing innovative technology such as a Customer Relationship
- Management (CRM) solution is preferred.
- Experience in marketing, recruitment, admissions, and/or related experience is preferred.
|Is this position subject to a criminal background check?
|Is any part of the funding for this posting coming from a grant or outside funding source?
|Open Until Filled
|Special Instructions to Applicants
||The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter