East Tennessee State Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking to fill the position of Admissions Counselor:
Responsible to the Associate Director of Admissions for Recruitment for determining eligibility of applicants as freshmen, transfer students, and returning students; recruitment of prospective students; coordinating high school visitation programs: supporting student retention; and performing other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of university and TBR policies, procedures, structure and services offered.
- Knowledge of university admission requirements.
- Knowledge of registration procedures.
- Knowledge of current career trends.
- Knowledge of course equivalencies and transfer issues.
- Knowledge of promotional materials for all academic and student services areas at ETSU.
- Knowledge of university catalog including degree requirements for all programs and majors.
- Knowledge of all university policies regarding admissions, retention and graduation requirements.
- Ability to travel extensively in recruiting efforts.
- Ability to communicate effectively to large groups or individuals.
- Ability to counsel students and parents regarding university related matters.
Bachelor’s degree required; proven excellent verbal and written communication skills; valid driver’s license.
Master’s degree preferred; two to three years of experience on a college admissions counseling staff or other comparable collegiate /business experience; experience with or knowledge about East Tennessee State University, TBR, or higher education in Tennessee.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2017
Online App. Form: